(Last Updated On: August 23, 2020)
If you are planning to create beautiful gifts for your friends or loved one’s birthday using an embroidery machine will be a good idea. Some people don’t like to spend long hours in the market, and for them stitching a gift at home will be easy. If you are planning to have a monogram on the sweater using the embroidery machine, these are the following steps you need to follow.
Steps To Take To Add The Monogram To The Sweater
- Find the center of the monogram location before starting your work. You can do it with your eyes or even use a folding method. Marking a point with an invisible ink pen is the first thing to do and stick the pin through the center of the point.
- Cutting the piece a little larger than the monogram on all the sides will look like a good option. If you fuse it on the wrong side of the sweater, it will not be easy to start with the monogram. Keeping the piece at the center of the monogram will bring the best of results.
- The next step is to hoop a regular piece of tearaway stabilizer and then put up a spray with temporary adhesive. It would help if you masked the hoops with a small piece of fabric to protect it. If you are making use of an adhesive-backed stabilizer, keeps it moving around the hoops inside edge. You can use the pin and peel by moving and cutting around the back of the paper. Leave the sticky surface exposed, so it is visible to your eyes. You can even mark the center of the hooped stabilizer using the invisible ink pen for your convenience.
- You can stick the sweater onto the hooped stabilizer using the folding method as it is much more precise and convenient. Using the embroidery machine for a monogram is a convenient idea, especially if you want to save money.
- You can lay the piece of water topper on the sweater and let it cool for some time. Once this process is done, you can begin stitching the monogram conveniently. When you trim a poly mesh stabilizer around the structure of a monogram, it will be suitable for your strings. Many people like to add voila, and the perfect monogrammed sweater is all ready and good to go.
If you are looking for the best machine to sew monograms, you will need a machine that has proper features. You can make other embroidery designs as well to enhance the appeal of many fabrics. Mostly the machines that are used for commercial purposes will be better for creating a monogram. Usually, embroidery is considered a little different form monograms as monograms feature only small patterns where the logo or initials are presented. Embroidery is most commonly used for creating intricate and large designs. There are limited options to use with monogram designs, but you can be creative and innovative.
Recommended Readings (Next Best Info)