(Last Updated On: July 4, 2020)
When you are sitting and working on a sewing project, you will not like to have any mechanical issues in your machine. The mechanical problems can quickly be sorted out if you maintain the machine in the best possible way. When you maintain the machine well, it can work for many years, and you will not have to invest a lot of money on it. The sewing machine can handle a lot of sewing projects and are best for many industrial projects. In this buying guide, we will discuss some of the essential tips for industrial sewing machine maintenance.
Industrial Sewing Machine Maintenance Tips
- It would help if you kept the bobbin area clean so a build-up can be avoided. The gear grime may have some common issues, so you need to check it frequently. You need to inspect the bobbin area and keep a vigilant eye on any dust on this area. The thread clippings should be removed, and the bobbin tray is taken out. The debris can be cleaned with a simple piece of cotton or fabric. You should not entirely remove the grease as it required for the easy and smooth operation of the machine.
- You can use a simple dust cover to protect the machine from getting dust. If you have children at home, this dust cover will give them a warning sign that they need to be away from the machine. It is an easy way to maintain the machine. The dust cover should be made of thick fabric; it won’t protect the machine adequately.
- The tip we are going to discuss now is one of the most important ones. You have to oil the machine regularly so it can move smoothly without giving you any issues. If you are keeping a machine at home and are not being used in some shop or factory, you can oil it twice a week. There are 4-5 red dots on the machine which need to get plenty of oil.
- Ensure that the oil you are using for lubrication is clean; otherwise, it can create more issues for the machine. Once you have applied enough oil to the machine, you have to lift the presser foot for a minute or so, and the oil will settle down. Start the machine and let it work for a minute to decide if it needs more oiling or not. The cleaning of the machine will depend on how much you use the machine or for how many hours you use it in a day.
- The feed dogs and presser foot are the two attachments that are very much affected by dust and debris. You have to take off the throat plate carefully, so the lint trapped inside will clear off conveniently. If you have not done this process before, it will be quite challenging to remove as the screws are a little tight. Removing the screws will become easy if you effectively remove the plates.
Recommended Readings (Next Best Info)