(Last Updated On: June 27, 2020)
Milling can cover a large variety of operations and machines, be it large or small massive duty drilling operations. When you have purchased a linear milling machine, you will like it to work well, so there are no additional costs. If you maintain the machine well, you can increase the life span quite quickly. In this buying guide, we will discuss some tips and tricks you can use to maintain the linear milling machine. It will make sure that the machine can give you the best results without any trouble.
Tips To Follow After Every Use
It would help if you cleaned the milling machine well after every operation. The linear milling rails, ballscrew, feed screw nut, and spindles require good cleaning else they will stop working. The swarf and turnings also need proper cleaning and care so the life span can increase. The milling rails also need some lubrication or oil so it can allow smooth operation.
If you want your machine to run for a long time, follow these simple tips. By following these tasks properly, you can gain a lot.
- You have to grease the gearbox by using two strokes of some good quality oil.
- The linear bearings also need two strokes of oiling, and you will see how smoothly they will run.
- The gearbox is one of those features which allow the machine to run. It must be your duty to check the gearbox by removing the cap, and if there is any wear or tear, a replacement or repair is necessary.
- The spindle adjustment should also be checked, and the main drive gears need proper grease as well.
- The carriage operation also needs good care, but it can run smoothly for at least a year. If you see that there is any adjustment required, you can do it.
- The lead screw backlash will run smoothly only if you provide proper lubrication into it
- You need to check the spindle operation because if they are not working well, it can give safety issues.
- The motor needs adequate maintenance as well because it offers a high level of power and Watts. It makes your projects look easy when the motor speed is in control.
Maintenance Tips When The Machine Is Not In Use
If there is a time when you don’t need to use the machine and planning to store it for some time, it doesn’t mean that you don’t require any maintenance tips. It would help if you cleaned it thoroughly, and each part should not contain any harmful elements like dust or sand. Spraying the motor inlet and the seal is also necessary, or the spindles will get stuck and won’t move at all. The most important thing is to follow the maintenance instructions given on the manual as the manufacturers provide them. They know very well how the machine could be managed, and you can quickly increase the life span.
Recommended Readings (Next Best Info)